About Me

My photo
I am Steph! I am a 30-something mom and wife. I am Bi-Polar. I am an Autism mom. I work full time outside the home. I overcommit myself every single day. I sometimes wonder how my husband puts up with me on a day to day basis. I have 2 children, one neuro-typical and one not so neuro-typical. I am a hot mess. I am Steph.

Blog Archive

Thursday, October 22, 2009

Potty training attempt and bottle breaking Day 1 = Total Failure!!




OK, I will admit, I am a mother of a 2 year old who still drinks a bottle. I'm gonna be honest and blunt with you, I'm not ashamed of it and I don't want your criticism, so please leave it at the door! :-)

With that said, Ive been slowly introducing potty training as well as bottle breaking to her for a while now, today she came to me and said "Momma, I gotta potty!" So, I thought "OK! Lets get some panties and try this!" Well, I asked her if she had to potty about every 15 minutes and took her to the bathroom and every time she said no and never went potty.....until about the 10th time I asked her....she replied, "I DID MOMMA!!" And you guessed it, it was in her panties and all over the floor! So, I cleaned that up and tried it again. The second time ended with, "Momma, bed wet!" Well, I gave up for the day.....

Onto the bottle or baba as she calls it. She is pretty good about taking a cup during the day but when it gets closer to nap time or bed time she asks for her baba. Well, I bought this new cup that looks very similar to a bottle thinking maybe I could trick her into switching up...so nap time gets closer and closer and she starts whining and starts asking for baba. I give her my new tricky cup and guess what....SHE THROWS IT AT ME!! She then proceeds to have a mental breakdown throwing herself around the dining room until I gave her a bottle.....

This potty training/bottle breaking adventure is going to be harder than I thought....I think I would rather work out than deal with this!

Any advice or tricks would be greatly appreciated!!

No comments:

Post a Comment