About Me

My photo
I am Steph! I am a 30-something mom and wife. I am Bi-Polar. I am an Autism mom. I work full time outside the home. I overcommit myself every single day. I sometimes wonder how my husband puts up with me on a day to day basis. I have 2 children, one neuro-typical and one not so neuro-typical. I am a hot mess. I am Steph.

Blog Archive

Friday, October 9, 2009

Thought Provoking Thursday.....On Friday!

Manic Mother

Lets do a little thinking today....

If you could ensure your kids never have one experience that you have had, what would it be?

I dont ever want Cady or any other children I may have to ever have to experience depression, anxiety and weight issues. Depression and anxiety can tear you down so fast you dont even know whats happening. Its something that I struggle with everyday and I dont wish it upon anyone, even my worst enemy. I also hope that she never has to deal with her weight like I do. Its something that if you dont have control over it can spiral out of control in no time. It will be my life long goal to do everything in my power to make sure she doesnt have to deal with these things.

I invite all of you to answer this question as well.

1 comment:

  1. Well... when I have children of my own someday, I hope that they never have to experience "the opposite sex" like I did. I pray that my boys will know to respect a girl and what she says and always know that when someone says no, it means no. I pray that my daughters will have the strength to stand up for themselves, have respect for themselves and not feel violated or taken advantage of. Most of all I pray that they will feel comfortable going to talk to someone about it even if it's not me or their dad. I will also be sure to have stricter dating rules than my parents did and encourage them to be involved more in sports or extra-curricular activities. I was date raped at 16 and I know it's not my fault, but it sure has messed me up, causing all sorts of other issues. I don't wish that on anyone.

    ReplyDelete