About Me

My photo
I am Steph! I am a 30-something mom and wife. I am Bi-Polar. I am an Autism mom. I work full time outside the home. I overcommit myself every single day. I sometimes wonder how my husband puts up with me on a day to day basis. I have 2 children, one neuro-typical and one not so neuro-typical. I am a hot mess. I am Steph.

Blog Archive

Friday, November 6, 2009

Five on Friday!!




I'm going to start giving you 5 Random Facts about something random every Friday!  Lets call it "Five on Friday"!  lol  This week our theme is Michigan!  The great state that I live in. 

*Spanning five miles between the upper and lower peninsulas of Michigan, The Mackinac Bridge is one of the longest suspension bridges in the world.

*Singing sand can be found on the beaches of Grand Haven.  The sand particles make a whistling sound as you walk upon them. 

*The first soda pop made in the U.S., Vernor’s ginger ale, was created by accident in 1866 in Detroit. 

*The Great Lakes account for one-fifth of the world's surface freshwater supply.

*Michigan has the only floating post office in the world.  The J.W. Westcott II delivers mail to ships still underway.  


Hope you enjoy! 

   

2 comments:

  1. Well Hello fellow Michigander. I am in Michigan too. So nice to meet you. Where abouts are you? I am south of detroit. I do love Michigan.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I am in Three Rivers, it WAYYYY south from you, about 20 minutes from the Indiana border. If you have heard of Kalamazoo we are 30 minutes south of there. Nice to meet you too!! I LOVE your Blog!

    ReplyDelete