About Me

My photo
I am Steph! I am a 30-something mom and wife. I am Bi-Polar. I am an Autism mom. I work full time outside the home. I overcommit myself every single day. I sometimes wonder how my husband puts up with me on a day to day basis. I have 2 children, one neuro-typical and one not so neuro-typical. I am a hot mess. I am Steph.

Blog Archive

Friday, January 8, 2010

Five on Friday!!



Since most of my blog is geared towards being a mom this week we will be learning about Animal Mommies!
 

Elephants have the longest pregnancy in the animal kingdom at 22 months.



Whale Calves nurse for 7 to 8 months and are weaned when they reach 52 feet (16 m) in length. At that time they weigh about 23 tons (20,900 kg). During the nursing period, calves consume 100 gallons of the fat-rich mother’s milk each day.



Male seahorses can actually give birth to offspring.


Kangaroos have two wombs.


Giraffes are born with the mother standing up, on the lookout for predators. That means a long drop of 5 to 7 feet to the ground — long enough to break the baby’s umbilical cord.


Have a Wonderful Weekend!

3 comments:

  1. I find these very interesting. Good to know. I learned 5 new things.

    ReplyDelete
  2. That makes two of us! I'm glad I could share these with you!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Steph and another great info :)
    Thanks for sharing

    Risma

    ReplyDelete