About Me

My photo
I am Steph! I am a 30-something mom and wife. I am Bi-Polar. I am an Autism mom. I work full time outside the home. I overcommit myself every single day. I sometimes wonder how my husband puts up with me on a day to day basis. I have 2 children, one neuro-typical and one not so neuro-typical. I am a hot mess. I am Steph.

Sunday, August 22, 2010

9 Months!



36 Weeks!!  9 Months!  

It seems like it has taken forever to hit this mark!  One more week until we are considered full term!  There are 28 days left until my due date.....I'm praying that he will be here before then!  Since I went 8 days overdue with Cady I'm thinking that he should cut me some slack and come at least 8 days early! :-) What........that's not how this works???  

Here is what my weekly email says about this week: 

Your baby is still packing on the pounds — at the rate of about an ounce a day. He now weighs almost 6 pounds (like a crenshaw melon) and is more than 18 1/2 inches long. He's shedding most of the downy covering of hair that covered her body as well as the vernix caseosa, the waxy substance that covered and protected her skin during her nine-month amniotic bath. Your baby swallows both of these substances, along with other secretions, resulting in a blackish mixture, called meconium, will form the contents of her first bowel movement.

At the end of this week, your baby will be considered full-term. (Full-term is 37 to 42 weeks; babies born before 37 weeks are pre-term and those born after 42 are post-term.) Most likely he's in a head-down position. But if he isn't, your practitioner may suggest scheduling an "external cephalic version," which is a fancy way of saying she'll try to coax your baby into a head-down position by manipulating her from the outside of your belly.



Ok....so here is my opinion on what this email says: I'm convinced that my baby is MUCH larger than 6 lbs at this moment!  I feel as if I'm carrying at least a 14lb baby, LOL!  Seriously though, I have a feeling I will be having a larger baby (Cady was over 8lbs).  Secondly, if Nathan doesn't come on his own (taking after his big sister) my midwife better NOT make me wait until 42 weeks to deliver!!  I'm pretty sure the standard here is 41 weeks for induction unless there is a medical issue but seeing that 42 really scares me!  Why on earth would someone want to go 2 weeks overdue!?!?!  I'm pretty sure I would not survive that!  


So, here is a short synopsis of how I am feeling at this moment: 


*I'm swollen
*I can barely walk
*My leg keeps cramping up
*I can not bend over anymore
*Every time he moves it feels like someone is punching my bladder...Oh wait, someone is!
*I'm so exhausted that I have no motivation to do anything!  (might I add that I'm trying to prepare for a three year old's bday next weekend.....)
*And lastly, I'm SOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO ready to have this baby!!!!! 

Until next time........  :-)
 

No comments:

Post a Comment