About Me

My photo
I am Steph! I am a 30-something mom and wife. I am Bi-Polar. I am an Autism mom. I work full time outside the home. I overcommit myself every single day. I sometimes wonder how my husband puts up with me on a day to day basis. I have 2 children, one neuro-typical and one not so neuro-typical. I am a hot mess. I am Steph.

Blog Archive

Thursday, December 3, 2009

Luka Organics, A WONDERFUL addition to my shower products!

A while ago I entered my very first Blog Giveaway at Joy's Blog On Finding Balance.  Since I'm not very lucky when it comes to winning things I was ecstatic to hear that I had won!

What I had won was 2 bars of Luka Organics Soap! I chose Apple Spice and Lavender. 

The first thing I noticed when I received my package in the mail was the smell.  The Apple Spice almost jumped out of the box!  I LOVE Apple smells so this was a fantastic surprise for me!  The second thing I noticed was the way that they looked.  They have the normal square look of a bar of soap, but the top of it was very interesting.  Almost like it had been cut out of the pan with a jagged broken knife! Joy says it best in her blog when she described the bar of soap "and the top of each bar has a choppy raw edge that looks like a stormy soap sea frozen in time."   I totally agree!


The apple is made with organic apple peel and you can see it sticking out of the soap.  The best part about it is when it hits the water, the scent comes out full force!  When you use it your skin also has a hint of apple smell for hours after your done with your shower!  


I am making Christmas baskets for a few of my family members as a Christmas gift and decided to purchase a few bars of soap to include in their baskets.  So I went to their website and the ordering process couldn't have been any easier!  I received my box in the mail today and guess what?  They included 2 free bars for me to try out with my order!!!  How awesome is that!?!  So, not only do I have my all time favorite Apple Spice to enjoy in my shower tonight, I have 2 more to try after that!!  


So, to end this blog, I would like to send out a Thank You first to Joy for giving me the opportunity to enter her giveaway and win!  And secondly to Steph from Luka Organics.  Thank You for a quality product!  And THANK YOU for the extra bars to try out! I can tell when I receive my boxes each time that every bar is made with love for the environment and love for your customers! 

2 comments:

  1. Hey Steph! What an awesome prize! I love me some homemade soaps! They look so luxurious. I'm jealous! :o)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Those sound wonderful...thanks for sharing. I would love to smell that apple one.

    ReplyDelete