About Me

My photo
I am Steph! I am a 30-something mom and wife. I am Bi-Polar. I am an Autism mom. I work full time outside the home. I overcommit myself every single day. I sometimes wonder how my husband puts up with me on a day to day basis. I have 2 children, one neuro-typical and one not so neuro-typical. I am a hot mess. I am Steph.

Blog Archive

Sunday, November 15, 2009

Five on Friday!! ...on Sunday....alittle late!




In the spirit of Thanksgiving which is 2 weeks away, my Five on Friday is about Thanksgiving!

1. Thanksgiving Day is celebrated on the fourth Thursday in November in the United States.

  2. The first Thanksgiving celebration lasted three days.

3. The annual Macy's Thanksgiving Day Parade tradition began in the 1920's.

4. Californians are the largest consumers of turkey in the United States.

5. President Franklin D. Roosevelt restored Thursday before last of November as Thanksgiving Day in the year 1939. He did so to make the Christmas shopping season longer and thus stimulate the economy of the state.


Thanksgiving for me is when reality sets in that the Holiday Season is officially here!!!


What is Thanksgiving to you?

No comments:

Post a Comment