In the spirit of Thanksgiving which is 2 weeks away, my Five on Friday is about Thanksgiving!
1. Thanksgiving Day is celebrated on the fourth Thursday in November in the United States.
2. The first Thanksgiving celebration lasted three days.
3. The annual Macy's Thanksgiving Day Parade tradition began in the 1920's.
4. Californians are the largest consumers of turkey in the United States.
5. President Franklin D. Roosevelt restored Thursday before last of November as Thanksgiving Day in the year 1939. He did so to make the Christmas shopping season longer and thus stimulate the economy of the state.
Thanksgiving for me is when reality sets in that the Holiday Season is officially here!!!
What is Thanksgiving to you?