About Me

My photo
I am Steph! I am a 30-something mom and wife. I am Bi-Polar. I am an Autism mom. I work full time outside the home. I overcommit myself every single day. I sometimes wonder how my husband puts up with me on a day to day basis. I have 2 children, one neuro-typical and one not so neuro-typical. I am a hot mess. I am Steph.

Blog Archive

Tuesday, November 24, 2009

Don't forget the little things!

I would like to take a cue from a blog that I like to keep up with: Manic Mother and instead of making the traditional Thanksgiving list of all of the obvious things that I am thankful for I thought I would make a list of the little things that make my life easier which in return makes me thankful for them!


What 5 little things are you most thankful for? Here are mine.

1.Dora DVD's


I am thankful for Dora the Explorer DVD's because they allow me to take a shower in the morning!  My daughter LOVES these DVD's and will watch them until they end!  She has learned so much from Dora and Boots and I love them because I can jump in the shower real quick while she is exploring away!



2. My Van

I am so thankful to be able to have my van.  Even though I only have 1 child I have found so many uses for all of the extra room that this van gives me!  Ive only had it for about 3 months but feel like I have always driven a Ponitac Montana!

3.  Chapstick


"But my lips hurt real bad!" Let's face it, I'm addicted!

4.  Zyrtek-D

 

For without Wonderful Zyrtek-D I would never be able to breath out of my nose and stop sneezing!!

5. My Laptop

I bought my laptop last year and have totally gotten my money's worth! I'm gonna be honest with you, I'm on it pretty much everyday for multiple hours of the day!  Without it I wouldn't be able to sit in my favorite chair and browse around Facebook or write a new blog!  I would have to sit in my not so comfy computer chair and that wouldnt be fun! 



Wanna play along?  Comment me with the link to your top five little things you are thankful for! You have plenty of time to post it with only 2 days till Turkey day, and 30 days until Christmas…..

2 comments:

  1. Ha I use Claritin D a lot, very thankful for that as well. When I used to need a shower I used Baby Einstein...they work really well for babies. Thanks for making a list!

    ReplyDelete
  2. What a cool idea! I am also thankful for my van. I mean really, there is no such thing as too much space, you know? I am also thankful for my hair elastics which keep my hair up and out of my face during the day and for my big sweatshirt which keeps my warm during those chilly fall mornings!

    ReplyDelete