About Me

My photo
I am Steph! I am a 30-something mom and wife. I am Bi-Polar. I am an Autism mom. I work full time outside the home. I overcommit myself every single day. I sometimes wonder how my husband puts up with me on a day to day basis. I have 2 children, one neuro-typical and one not so neuro-typical. I am a hot mess. I am Steph.

Thursday, August 2, 2012

Fat Girl Problems: My Journey from Fat Girl to Runner Vol.2

SO, I've started a workout log on the right sidebar of my blog.  I think I need it to hold myself accountable and to push me to try harder because I know that I can do it!  I've made some huge accomplishments this past week.  Firstly, I was able to pull both of my kids (Aprox. 60lbs) in the bike cart on my bike to my moms and back!  It was a total of 2.2 miles!  This is a HUGE accomplishment because the last time I tried to pull the bike cart Cady was around 2 years old and I couldn't do it.  I didn't even last 5 minutes let alone 2 miles!   To say that I was tired would be an understatement, but I was also ECSTATIC!  I have also been able to ride my bike (without kids) twice for 3 miles or more without stopping!  Tonight I pushed myself harder than ever and went 3.6 miles!  I should probably include that I have what is called a "Beach Cruiser" this is not your run of the mill mountain bike!  It is a cruiser, pedal brakes, no gears so to be able to pedal my fat ass is huge! 


The accomplishment I am most excited to share is that I entered into my second week of the Couch 2 5 K challenge!  Last week I wasn't even able to job through 60 full seconds.  I would go until about 40 seconds and have to stop.  Well, last night I went on my evening workout and changed my route a bit and I am proud to say that I was able to jog for the full 90 seconds EVERY time!  For those of you that don't know me, I am extremely overweight.  The last time I weighed myself (months ago) I was probably close to 280 so to say that I was able to jog for 90 seconds straight is HUGE.  I mean HUGE!  I have never been so proud of myself!  


I will end on a high note: I am feeling pretty good.  I am still tired a lot, I am still fat (lol) and I still don't eat as well as I should, but I feel better! 


Until Next Time....

1 comment: