If you have read my last blog than you know that I have just found out that I am about 6 weeks pregnant with our second child. Because of this, I am going to base my Five on Friday tonight on Pregnancy facts!
1) The number of multiple births has increased by more than 400 percent, yes, that’s right, 400 percent over the last 20 years.
2) The number of women whose labor is induced has more than doubled since 1990, to about 10 percent of births.
3) The number of babies which are being born prematurely has risen. This is because of the rise in twin births and in thee increase in scheduled cesarean births.
4) Tuesday is the most popular day for babies making their arrival in the world, with Saturday being the least busiest day of the week. This is more than likely because most doctors do not schedule c-sections for Saturdays.
5) In 1970 the average age for a first-time mother was about 21, but in today’s world the age is 25-29.
Hope you have a good weekend!