About Me

My photo
I am Steph! I am a 30-something mom and wife. I am Bi-Polar. I am an Autism mom. I work full time outside the home. I overcommit myself every single day. I sometimes wonder how my husband puts up with me on a day to day basis. I have 2 children, one neuro-typical and one not so neuro-typical. I am a hot mess. I am Steph.

Wednesday, June 10, 2009

Its my life......I think...

So, for those of you who don't really know me or haven't really noticed, I am now a Stay at Home Mommy. This is a HUGE change for me because I went from working full time, some overtime, to not working at all! Practically overnight! I have been staying home with Cady since April 4th, 2009. I have to say I LOVE IT! I struggled in the beginning not really knowing how to stay home with her, how to clean, how to function without work but after 2 months I think we are getting into a really nice routine. Its amazing the world that is out there for stay at home moms! We have started doing some play dates with other children so that she can learn to interact with them and I have been able to spend LOTS of time with my mom and more time with Leifs mom! Its great! I feel better, I feel healthier, I am less stressed, less depressed and closer to my baby! Leif is happy because he comes home to dinner and a clean house and clean clothes. It seems to be the best thing for our family! So, why am I suddenly writing about this now after 2 months?? Well, I started thinking about what I'm going to do once my unemployment runs out....see I'm very blessed that I get to stay home with my daughter but still get paid unemployment from my last job.....So, with all of the changes in my life that have happened in the last 2 months that have made things better I just remembered that things aren't always going to be this great...What do I do when it all runs out??....Do I get another job? Do I try and go back to school? Do Leif and I sacrifice some of the things that we don't really need so that I can stay home?? Its funny, at the time I thought my biggest decision I would have to make in a long time was whether to stay at my job or leave.....now just 2 months later Ive got another one to make....and I cant decide......

For now, I will leave it up to God. He knows what he has planned for me, I just have to wait for him to tell me.....Hopefully he will let me in on his secret soon though!

2 comments:

  1. Ok, this is a small world--I'm from Three Rivers! It really doesn't get any smaller than that. I grew up in TR, went to TR middle school,
    Howardsville Christian for high school, then my family moved to OK when I went to college. I haven't been back in a couple of years, but we do get up there every now and again. I'm guessing we have someone we know mutually since TR is so small--I used to joke about how I could never leave Meijer without seeing someone I know.

    As for being a SAHM, congrats! It's the best thing I've ever done. I know it's a hard choice, but you will not regret staying home. My hubby works two jobs so we can make it work, and I am so thankful. All of my other SAHM friends say the same--they are so thankful they make the sacrifice, and God always provides! Great to meet you!

    ReplyDelete
  2. oh, and you need to leave another comment on my blog since you follow me--it counts for an extra entry for the giveaway!

    ReplyDelete