About Me

My photo
I am Steph! I am a 30-something mom and wife. I am Bi-Polar. I am an Autism mom. I work full time outside the home. I overcommit myself every single day. I sometimes wonder how my husband puts up with me on a day to day basis. I have 2 children, one neuro-typical and one not so neuro-typical. I am a hot mess. I am Steph.

Friday, September 6, 2013

Health and Fitness Friday: Wake Me Up, When September Ends....Or at least let me sleep a little bit!



Yes, I know I only have an hour before it is no longer Friday anymore but I still wanted to link up with my girl Jen for Health and Fitness Friday!  


I am pretty much horrible at blogging lately.  I really need to start jotting down blog ideas as I am going throughout my day because I have a lot of ideas I just go totally blank when I get time to sit down and actually blog! So, Jen has started a new structure for our link up and I am thrilled!  It totally helps me because then I don't really have to think much, just follow her directions! LOL  If I can even manage that.... ;-)  So, here we go!


Eat
I haven't been wonderful with my eating lately, I haven't been awful, but not super good either...so I really need to get back on my game!  I have slacked off through the summer keeping up with MyFitnessPal (StephHightree) so I am really focusing more this month to actually log and keep track and stay within my calories.  Every time I fall off the wagon I seem to go crazy on Gardetto Garlic Rye Chips, Sour Punch Straws and Frappuccinos! I'm super excited for the fall weather because that means it is Crock Pot time!  I love using my crock pot because I never know if I will be home or not so this gives us an easy option to still have an awesome dinner at night.  

This recipe isn't Super healthy but I am excited to try it and plan on making it sometime next week.  I will have to update you on how it tastes once we test it out! 


Do
This month I have made a goal of completing 100 miles combined of walking, running and biking.  I want to get as much outside workouts done before the weather starts to get colder and I am SO enjoying my mornings with no kids while they are at school so I am taking advantage of it! So far this week I am at 25.07 miles with 2 days left in the first week of the month, I just pray that I don't lose steam!  

Think
I really need to work on NOT thinking as much this week! I have noticed that this week I have been over-thinking so much that it has been keeping me up at night. My mind is just racing with the constant To-Do list that I have going through my head so I really need to work on somethings to shut my mind down to relax because we all know that sleep is a BIG chunk of being healthy! I'm really going to work on some sleep routines to try and calm myself down and not think as much when I should be sleeping!  

Well, I've spent entirely too long writing this post and am now 8 minutes away from Saturday! So, I guess I will end this until next week!  

Happy Friday Friends! 


Until Next Time....



1 comment:

  1. Sorry I am so behind on this comment Steph! But I HEAR YOU when it comes to mornings with the kids in school! I only get two a week, but they are going to be glorious :-) And let me know how your changes in sleep routines goes. It is NOT going great over here, but hopefully one day soon! Thanks so much for taking the time to link-up honey!!!

    ReplyDelete