About Me

My photo
I am Steph! I am a 30-something mom and wife. I am Bi-Polar. I am an Autism mom. I work full time outside the home. I overcommit myself every single day. I sometimes wonder how my husband puts up with me on a day to day basis. I have 2 children, one neuro-typical and one not so neuro-typical. I am a hot mess. I am Steph.

Thursday, May 31, 2012

Ten years gone

Our 10 year class reunion is this year....

Naturally once I started to hear talk about it I pulled out my Senior Memory book and Year book ( yes, I still know where they are!).
I came across this page in the back of my memory book. My dreams and hopes of where I will be in 2012, 10 years after I graduated. They got me thinking.....
Did I accomplish these dreams? Not even close!

Did I graduate college and have a teaching degree? No
Do I have a job as an elementary teacher? No
Am I married? Yes! Happily for 7 years!
Do I live in a big house in a big city? We own a good sized house, but its not what I was envisioning as BIG and I know 10 years ago I didn't see myself still in Three Rivers!
Am I driving my dream car, a 1998 Silver Eclipse? HAH! Talk about total opposite! Maroon 'Soccer Mom' van!

Am I happy? Absolutely!

So I guess my reasoning for this post tonight is to remind myself and others that just because what we originally set in our minds as hopes and dreams may not always come out the way we wanted them to doesn't mean we have failed. I may not have accomplished what I wrote in my book 10 years ago, but I have accomplished much much more than I thought I would have! I am not a teacher that gets paid in money, I am a teacher to two awesome children who pay me with their smiles and kisses everyday! I may not live in a BIG house in a BIG city, but I am blessed to own a home big enough for our family in a small town that I love! And I may not be driving in my dream car, but I know in the future I will have my NEW dream car.....a Luxury Mini Van! :-)

Hebrews tells us to be content with what we have. Well, I can finally say that I am content!

Until next time.....
Steph


2 comments:

  1. I definitely whipped mine out a couple weeks ago and snapped a shot of the same page... I'm not driving a Corvette.... fail.... lol.. Actually, I really only accomplished 1 thing and that was buying the house :) But I'm happy too! Ah- the difference 10 years can make!

    ReplyDelete
  2. You're not the only one. I have accomplished a lot. I am married to the most wonderful man for almost 8 years. I always thought I would have a big family but I found out I can't have them. I also thought my mom would still be alive. I was however able to become the massage therapist I could have only dreamt of becoming.

    ReplyDelete