Another Black Friday dedicated post! Here are your 5 random facts about Black Friday!
1. Black Friday is the unofficial start of the holiday shopping season in the US.
2. The term ‘Black Friday’ dates back to 1966 but it was primarily used on the East Coast.
3. Although not an official holiday many employees have the day off due to Thanksgiving falling on the 4th Thursday in November.
4. Although Black Friday is usually billed as the busiest shopping day of the year, it comes second or third to the Saturday before Christmas.
5. Back in 1869 the term black Friday was used to describe a stock market financial crisis.